New Features and Updates
New printing function in ClientEd Online improves the formatting of articles when printed.
We have made enhancements to the ClientEd Online system to improve the appearance of documents when printed.
When you are printing an article it will now first open as PDF document. In the 'Share This Article' section of the system, select 'Print'. Add comments if desired and select 'GO'. A PDF dialogue box will appear in a new window -select 'Open'. The document will open in Adobe Reader. Select the print option, and you're done!
Spanish Language Client Handouts
ClientEd Online now includes an optional Spanish add-on module for our Small Animal Series.
This module provides access to over 149 articles (and counting) of our most popular titles translated into Spanish.
- Dental disease in cats
- Flea control
- Worms and your dog
- Flea allergy in cats
- Heartworms in cats
ClientEd Online Now Integrates with DVM Manager!
DVM Manager Ver. 5 software users can now integrate their system with ClientEd Online to retrieve the articles and print or email them directly to the client. Within DVM Manager, the articles may be personalized and attached directly to the patient medical record for easy access and referral. And with ClientEd Online, each time an article is edited or added, DVM Manager is also automatically updated. (October 2010)
View Steps to Becoming Integrated click here. For more information call DVM Manager 1-800-827-4243.
Full Article List View the full article list and link to any article directly. Within the View Articles page, the Full Article list now lets you view all article titles within the Species, System or Topic categories. Just click on the article title to access/view the full article. (July 2010)
Recently Viewed By (Your Practice & Other Practices) View More>> button expands the list of Recently Viewed By articles to more than just the 5 articles listed on the screen - you will be taken to a regular results page to see a more extensive list, with the most recently viewed articles always at the top of the page. (May 2010)
My Favorites Keep your ever growing Favorites list accessible with a Collapse/Expand button. (March 2010)
- Share This Article Both PRINT and SAVE (PDF) versions now print more economically - with tighter text and less white space on each page, still maintaining a professional and inviting look and feel. (March 2010)
Full Article List - NEW View an up-to-date full article list right from the 'View Articles' landing page. Click on the 'Full Article List' button at the top of the page to view all the article titles for each species groupings. (January 2010)
Help on Printing Articles without Website Address headers and footers - NEW When you go to print an article, a HELP link provides directions on how to easily remove those pesky website URL lines which can appear on the top and bottom of the printed articles. (January 2010)
My Profile - UPDATED Your profile section has been updated to quickly change logos with a delete logo box, and to add a secondary phone number, e.g. multiple phone lines or 1-800 numbers.(January 2010)
Pet Health Library for Your Website
Your subscription to ClientEd Online includes the linking of the LifeLearn client education articles to your own website - at NO ADDITIONAL charge!
Clients appreciate the extra educational information available to them 24/7 while prospective customers take notice of the extra attention your clinic provides clients and their pets!
Now your clients can have easy access to all of the original LifeLearn articles within a 'Pet Health' Library on your website:
- Articles will appear in the following groupings for quick access: Dogs, Cats, Horses, Birds, Reptiles, Small Mammals, Behavior of Dogs & Cats, Medications, Alternative Medicine.
- The articles linked will be consistent with your subscription series, e.g. Small Animal series will include all the article groupings above except for Horses.
If you have NOT already registered to have the ClientEd Online articles linked to your website, please contact a LifeLearn representative. (January 2010)
To make finding your favorite articles that much more easy, a My Favorites section has now been added to ClientEd Online. This list will be unique to each user.
To Start: When viewing any article, the My Favorites section will appear on the sidebar. After adding an article to the My Favorites list, the list will then appear in the View Articles section.
Adding a Favorite: Open an article and click Add to Favorites. The article will be added to your current My Favorites list. Favorites will be listed in order of when they were added. A scroll bar will appear as the list grows.
Removing an Article from Favorites: Click on the 'X' beside the article title you wish to remove. (September 2009)
Save an Article to PDF
Save an article as a PDF file in one quick & easy step - with no additional software required. Open the article of choice, and click on the 'Save' button under the 'Share This Article' navigation bar on the right hand side of the screen. From 'Save' - you can open and/or save the PDF version of the article.
TIP- Personalize and customize the articles before saving as a PDF file. Ideal for loading up-to-date articles onto remote computers in your practice! (July 2009)
Logo Feature - Improved!
If you are attempting to upload your logo and the file is larger than recommended, ClientEd Online will now automatically optimize and resize your image for best positioning. CLICK HERE to view. (April 2009)
Email Feature - Updated!
Your logo and practice contact information will now appear at the top of emails sent out to clients. And if you want to send the email to more than one address, simply type in the email addresses - separated by either a space or comma. (February 2009)
Edit Feature - Revised!
While all edits are captured within the saved article, you can now see which user made the most recent edits. Under the "Modify This Article" sidebar section, the last 5 edits are logged with date, user name and summary of changes notes. To see all edits made to a particular article, click on the "Compare" button. (February 2009)
Comments & Feedback
ClientEd Online would like to hear from you! Click on Go>> in the Comments box (on the right of your screen) to send us your message. LifeLearn appreciates any and all comments and feedback in an effort to continuously improve this service to veterinary practices. (February 2009)
Content Added Since Client Handouts 2005 CD-ROM version
The small animal articles are current and fresh looking! All 842 small animal articles from the 2005 version have been thoroughly reviewed by the authors, with the addition of new factual information, new client-friendly wording and a fresh look for increased ease of comprehension.
An additional 185 small animal articles have been added to the library - a 22% increase! CLICK HERE for a full listing of the new articles by topic.
- Web-based client education online subscription service for veterinary practices.
- Available for PC and MAC users using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari browsers.
- Print and/or e-mail pet owner an article directly from the internet.
- Browse all 1100 articles by Category (species, topic, system), Date Added/Modified, Popularity.
- Simple and advanced search capability.
- View related articles when browsing.
- New article style and formatting with key points highlighted in each article.
- Online editing, customization and storage of articles through a modern web-based content management system; no need for installation or storage in your own computer systems or servers.
- Articles you have customized will not be overwritten by LifeLearn updates until you have reviewed and chosen to do so.
- Keep record of the edits made, date of edit and who makes them.
- Add your own articles, and submit to LifeLearn for consideration for inclusion in the general library.
- Give comments and feedback and be part of the evolution of the content.
- Multiple users allowed and set up by the main practice contact/administrator. Each user has his own user name and password allowing the online system to keep track of favorite searches by user.
- New and updated existing articles added to the library automatically & regularly; no more waiting for CD-ROM updates.
- Download and store individual articles in PDF format in local practice computers.
- A "Pet Health Library" link will be established for your OWN practice website so the ClientEd articles will be available on your site for educating your clients 24/7.
- Integrate client information articles into select veterinary practice management software applications.